Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Robert Danek <ro...@sitraka.com> on 2000/12/08 23:24:28 UTC

Java Pet Store Demo in Tomcat/WebLogic

Hello,

I'm trying to take the Java Pet Store demo that is available on the
java.sun.com site and have the JSPs/beans run in Tomcat and the EJBs run
as a back end on WebLogic. I have run into a number of technical
problems already (problems with the <env-entry> tags that are used in
web.xml, the JNDI names of the EJBs which get mapped to other names by
the weblogic specific deployment descriptors, etc), and I've just hit
another stumbling block, which has led me to prompt the question: Is it
futile to try getting the the Pet Store demo in this setup? The Pet
Store site
(http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2EE/deployathon2/)
doesn't discuss deploying the app in such a manner. Has anyone here
tried doing this before? Are there any hints/tips/helpful URLs that you
can provide?

Regards,
Robert Danek