Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@relativity.yi.org> on 2000/04/02 05:09:58 UTC

Re: I want to become an Ant developer

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
<snip>
> > -perhaps validation of build.xml files
>
> You mean creating a DTD/Xschema for Ant? Well, I don't have anything
> against this, but it needs _costant_ update and it's very easy to make
> it fall behind.
>
> But I agree that validation is a good thing.

This is interesting.  I don't know perfect this is.  +0.  You would
always have to ship a .dtd or xsd with your Ant and point to it.  My
build.xml files only get tweaked about once a month so I don't think
validation should be a major priority.

Kevin

--
Kevin A Burton (burton@apache.org)
http://relativity.yi.org

Re: I want to become an Ant developer

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <ja...@eng.sun.com>.
> This is interesting.  I don't know perfect this is.  +0.  You would
> always have to ship a .dtd or xsd with your Ant and point to it.  My
> build.xml files only get tweaked about once a month so I don't think
> validation should be a major priority.

Actually, there is no way to make a static DTD for ant. The ability to
define tasks on the fly using <taskdef...> ensures that.

.duncan