Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by ChongQing Xiao <Cq...@epic.com> on 2011/11/03 23:29:50 UTC

How to import binary data using importTSV

Hi,

Does anyone know if ImportTsv supports importing binary data?
>From the source code, it seems it only support text in the .tsv file for the column value.

It seems pretty simple to add encoding (say using BASE64) to support binary row key or binary data.

Thanks
Chong

Re: How to import binary data using importTSV

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 3:29 PM, ChongQing Xiao <Cq...@epic.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if ImportTsv supports importing binary data?
> From the source code, it seems it only support text in the .tsv file for the column value.

If I were to guess, a tool named importtsv probably doesn't do binary.

> It seems pretty simple to add encoding (say using BASE64) to support binary row key or binary data.

You could base64 encode and then use this in importtsv or, subclass or
replace the tsv part of the importtsv tool.

St.Ack