Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Poorna Murali <po...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/15 17:35:00 UTC

Solr faceting

Hi all,

I would like to know if solr adds faceting fields by default when we do any
search. We have an id field which is  still coming up in field cache even
after it is removed from sorting and faceting queries in the code.
Therefore, I would like to know if solr is adding this by any chance.
Please help to clarify.

Thanks,
Poorna

Re: Solr faceting

Posted by Andy Lester <an...@petdance.com>.
> I would like to know if solr adds faceting fields by default when we do any
> search. We have an id field which is  still coming up in field cache even
> after it is removed from sorting and faceting queries in the code.
> Therefore, I would like to know if solr is adding this by any chance.

No, there is no faceting by default.

Can you give us more details about the query you’re calling and how you have unexpected activity in the field cache?

You should be able to narrow it down to where you run one query, and it shows things in the field cache. When you get that, then show us the query, and we can help figure out why it’s not doing what you expect.

Andy