Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Whitney True <wh...@constantia.io> on 2022/05/20 22:53:15 UTC

Cassandra World Party in July; CFP open!

Apache Cassandra Community,

We are excited to announce the second annual Apache Cassandra World Party
will be held *Wednesday, July 20, 2022*. The goal of the event is to
celebrate the forthcoming release and the Cassandra community.

*Event Details:*
The Cassandra World Party 2022 will closely mirror the 2021 Cassandra World
Party (https://cassandra.apache.org/_/blog/World-Party.html) with an
in-person meet up option in select cities.*

The event will include three (3) 1-hour virtual events that consist of
moderated lighting talks. In addition, multiple physical meetups would be
hosted for anyone that would like to attend the virtual event with
community members who are located in the area or who are interested in
traveling.

*Community sponsors will host the in-person meet ups. (*If you are
interested in becoming a sponsor, please email events (at) constantia (dot)
io)*.

*The CFP is officially open and will close Sunday, June 19 at 11:59pm PT*.
Please submit talk proposals here:
https://sessionize.com/apache-cassandra-4-1-world-party/

We encourage and welcome contributors, end users and community members to
submit fun, fast-paced, 5 minute “lightning” style talks that focus on:

   - What you love about Cassandra
   - Why you’re passionate about Cassandra
   - What you’ve contributed to Cassandra - especially 4.1
   - What you’ve learned using Cassandra
   - What you’ve built with Cassandra
   - How you’ve successfully scaled Cassandra

For those who have recently submitted an Apache Cassandra-related talk for
ApacheCon 2022, please consider using this as an opportunity to present a
super condensed (and fast!) version of that talk.

*Event Times:*

   - July 20, 2022  6 am PT / 1 pm UTC
   - July 20, 2022 2pm PT / 9 pm UTC
   - July 20, 2022 10pm PT / July 21 6 am UTC

*Event Overview:*

   - 15 min: opening from moderators / contributors
   - 30 min: 3-5 lightning talks on all things Cassandra
   - 10 min: discussion or interaction
   - 5 min: closing

We are very excited for this year's event and hope you will be, too!

-- The Constantia team

Re: Cassandra World Party in July; CFP open!

Posted by Melissa Logan <me...@constantia.io>.
It was a fun event! 1116 people attended with 49% in Americas, 26%
Asia Pacific, and 24% Europe/Africa.

Last year's playlist is here in case you missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqcm6qE9lgKLi4TD3azt3soaCjfXte32m

--
Melissa Logan (she/her)
Principal, Constantia.io

Re: Cassandra World Party in July; CFP open!

Posted by Melissa Logan <me...@constantia.io>.

--
Melissa Logan (she/her)
Principal, Constantia.io

Re: Cassandra World Party in July; CFP open!

Posted by Patrick McFadin <pm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick McFadin <pm...@gmail.com>.