Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/17 14:49:05 UTC

New log4j-streams Module

 Now I am confused. I thought we decided to keep this in a branch, I could
be wrong since there have been many back and forths. As of now, this means
it will be released in 2.0. If so, why is it not in the core or api module?

Gary

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 11:45 PM, <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: mattsicker
> Date: Tue Apr 15 03:44:59 2014
> New Revision: 1587396

> Log:
> Add log4j-streams module.
>
>   - See LOG4J2-547
>   - Thanks to Bruce Brouwer for the patch!
>   - Added finals everywhere to said patch.
>
> Added:
>     logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/   (with props)
>     logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/pom.xml   (with props)
>     logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/
>     logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/
>     logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/
>     logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/
>     logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/apache/
>
> logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/

logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/

logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/streams/

logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/streams/ByteStreamLogger.java
>   (with props)

logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/streams/CharStreamLogger.java
>   (with props)

logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/streams/LoggerBufferedInputStream.java
>   (with props)

logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/streams/LoggerBufferedReader.java
>   (with props)

logging/log4j/log4j2/trunk/log4j-streams/src/main/java/org/apache/logging/log4j/streams/LoggerInputStream.java

----- Message truncated -----

Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: New log4j-streams Module

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.
Glad to hear it. With the duplicate OSGi modules gone, now it doesn't seem
so bad to add more modularity.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: New log4j-streams Module