Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by George Nychis <gn...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/15 16:50:55 UTC

building subversion from source in freebsd

Hi all,

I am trying to build subversion from source in freebsd with apache2
installed from ports.  In my linux machines, I've used
--with-apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin

... however this does not exist in freebsd.  What is the equivalent to this
in freebsd?  I have tried searching, but have not found an equivalent
directory.

Thanks!
George

Re: building subversion from source in freebsd

Posted by Mike Meyer <mm...@lexmark.com>.
George Nychis <gn...@gmail.com> wrote on 04/15/2009 12:50:55 PM:
> I am trying to build subversion from source in freebsd with apache2
> installed from ports.  In my linux machines, I've used --with-
> apxs=/usr/local/apache2/bin

First question - is there some reason you're not using the FreeBSD port?
That will pick up such things, as well as any patches needed to work on
FreeBSD. Since it builds from source, it's not hard to tweak the config to
meet your needs - assuming the builds options don't provide what you're
looking for already.

> ... however this does not exist in freebsd.  What is the equivalent
> to this in freebsd?  I have tried searching, but have not found an
> equivalent directory.

You probably want /usr/local/sbin. That's where the apache port puts apxs.

        <mike