Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2019/02/20 21:42:47 UTC

Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Hi,

just want to share our recent experience migrating an Apache Flex
application to Apache Royale.
So I post a thread of 17 tweets here:

https://twitter.com/carlosrovira/status/1098333642751950848

Hope the info will be useful :)

Enjoy and don't forget to share if that was useful for you! :)

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi,

you can use SectionContent as Main tag.
ExampleAndSourceCodeTabbedSectionContent is a component developed for TDJ
to show 2 tabs, one for examples and other for the code in GitHub, so folks
can browse the code easily.

sourceCodeUrl is used to point to that file in GitHub

Right now studying TDJ code is the best way to know how to work with Jewel,
just notice that Jewel is still in development and some of the pieces are
stable while others need more work or rethink at some degree. For the later
I expect to have most of the paths stable in the next 3-4 months, but
hopefully your could adapt to the changes as I do it. I recommend you to
stick with development branches (compiler, typedefs and asjs) and run full
builds each day. We already shared scripts that build with maven the three
repos and build the SDK for that day with ANT. The scripts are for Windows
and Mac.

You're invited to join us on dev and provided patches and contribute vía
Pull request too. And be a committer eventually if you get a good knowledge
of Royale, and provide good contributions, and you're interested of course

Good luck! :)

Carlos

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
El jue., 21 feb. 2019 a las 13:46, T-san (<jl...@gmail.com>) escribió:

> Carlos,
>
> Thanks for your advice and work.
>
> Let me clarify several things.
>
> 1. Do I need to convert mx coding to Jewel?

To get a look and feel similar to the one showed in Tour de Jewel yes.
Other ready look is MDL library (material design look and feel). MX /Spark
are not skinned yet.

> 2. If so, is there any useful information on how to do that?

No. Most of the components names are the same (Button, TextInput, ComboBox,
CheckBox,...)
properties too, but with some differences, for example Button doesn't have
"label" you must use "text". Most of the uses are in the TDJ project

> 3. Is there user guide available for Jewel?  Or I have to read the Jewel
> source to study?

Still not much docs, mostly the second and this:

https://royale.apache.org/category/royale-examples/

> And if you have a time, would you make your sample code complete for build?

The code I shared is complete and build. I tried before send. You must
choose one of the mxml files (i.e: AlertPlayGround.mxml)
remove the code inside the main tag and copy the one here. Then build TDJ
as you did before with maven. When go to Alert you could be this initial
layout (remember that is just that...initial)

> I'd also need to know how to build it since at this moment I do not know
> how
> to create pom.xml.

I think you can follow the pom.xml in TDJ. Apache Royale was deigned with
maven in mind (not like Apache Flex where maven is not native to the
project)
So you can get all knowledge on how to do things from the royale poms

Carlos

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr.

you're right, I was thinking in some of the examples in mxroyale examples
that are already setup for maven, so thought there was other one in that
folder that was not already setup for maven, so that change is easy. Since
we're talking about TDF, just another thing.

Maybe he just can copy paste one of those examples (the MX for example that
works with maven), and then fill it with the code he wants to try.

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Takeshita,

Posted by Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>.
Piotr, thanks.

> [...]

>>> know how
>>>     to create pom.xml.
>>>
>>>     T-san
>>>

>>>     --
>>>     Sent from:
>>> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C73bc5071226444dab0f508d697faa246%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636863500060250570&amp;sdata=NSR584KJpjT2fdd91uv%2BE3AwcAwwww8SdN3nA1LHgys%3D&amp;reserved=0
>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7Cceba9a30fdbc4c2ae9b708d699574358%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636864997431731214&sdata=OPnEmZ9rfhql9T1UKPOmaT1bXcWdQN9oEn6brUZtY4w%3D&reserved=0>

Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>.
Alex, thanks for your advice.

I'll follow it.

Best regards,
S. Takeshita

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi Takeshita-an,

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, February 25, 2019 at 2:13 AM
To: "users@royale.apache.org" <us...@royale.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Why do you want to build it yourself?  You can grab all of the output files from here:  http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/TourDeFlexMigration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com%3A8080%2Fjob%2FTourDeFlexMigration%2FlastSuccessfulBuild%2Fartifact%2Fexamples%2Fmxroyale%2Ftourdeflexmodules%2Fbin%2Fjs-debug%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C301c86549e254e80e6c908d69b09f0fe%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866864377868296&sdata=z0yeJx1PcEXsN2n94bn5M5cSfxZazYhr4%2Bki5Fr4BqE%3D&reserved=0>

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>>
Date: Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 2:29 AM
To: "users@royale.apache.org<ma...@royale.apache.org>" <us...@royale.apache.org>>

And read this:  https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/create-an-application/migrate-an-existing-app/migrate-from-flex.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapache.github.io%2Froyale-docs%2Fcreate-an-application%2Fmigrate-an-existing-app%2Fmigrate-from-flex.html&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C301c86549e254e80e6c908d69b09f0fe%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866864377878301&sdata=PkOR5Bgsoj4tJuSOC%2FG2k5ckAN8EetsLlC4hdX7O7BI%3D&reserved=0>

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 10:04 PM
To: "users@royale.apache.org<ma...@royale.apache.org>" <us...@royale.apache.org>>

Alex, thanks for the link information.

I understand Flash version takes more time for loading SWF than new Apache Royale.  Is my observation correct?

It seems what I'm looking for is the Advanced Data Grid.  It seems not implemented in Royale yet.

But anyway, the progress seems to be great.

T-san

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 2:28 PM Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>> wrote:
Hi,

The examples using emulation components are in examples/mxroyale.  The most sophisticated example is a migration of a subset of Tour De Flex.  It is still a work in progress.  The most current version is here: http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/TourDeFlexMigration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/index.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com%3A8080%2Fjob%2FTourDeFlexMigration%2FlastSuccessfulBuild%2Fartifact%2Fexamples%2Fmxroyale%2Ftourdeflexmodules%2Fbin%2Fjs-debug%2Findex.html&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C301c86549e254e80e6c908d69b09f0fe%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866864377878301&sdata=q7hhRIryk9N1hLmaQNJtnYWRFaS3SZhHnuhCqb0hg0M%3D&reserved=0>

The Flex version it is based on is here:  http://flex.apache.org/tourdeflex/index.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fflex.apache.org%2Ftourdeflex%2Findex.html&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C301c86549e254e80e6c908d69b09f0fe%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866864377888310&sdata=pxRQjJBiE5X67HFDeIZYtdxqUrjJWWkA46rizcBgto4%3D&reserved=0>

The repos do not contain any serious example of migrating Flex to Basic   The focus of Basic was more about code size and performance than ease of migration.  We did migrate the FlexStore example.  It is in examples/royale/RoyaleStore.  The source it is based on is here: https://github.com/apache/flex-examples/tree/develop/FlexStore<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fflex-examples%2Ftree%2Fdevelop%2FFlexStore&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C301c86549e254e80e6c908d69b09f0fe%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866864377888310&sdata=o5PXYf%2Fu1v%2BI6edb9TdjJGNyGeAd1p4sV%2B5KW5gqaGY%3D&reserved=0>  There aren’t any examples running on a server at the moment.  Still, Harbs ported his app to Basic and he can tell you more about it.

-Alex

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:01 PM
To: "users@royale.apache.org<ma...@royale.apache.org>" <us...@royale.apache.org>>

    Sent from: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C73bc5071226444dab0f508d697faa246%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636863500060250570&amp;sdata=NSR584KJpjT2fdd91uv%2BE3AwcAwwww8SdN3nA1LHgys%3D&amp;reserved=0<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C301c86549e254e80e6c908d69b09f0fe%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866864377898310&sdata=oK872%2FmXqC5fbiWdtWl2%2FPcLILEMsV8s9wQMCeWAjhc%3D&reserved=0>

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Posted by Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>.
Alex, thanks.

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>
Date: Sunday, February 24, 2019 at 2:29 AM
To: "users@royale.apache.org" <us...@royale.apache.org>

And read this:  https://apache.github.io/royale-docs/create-an-application/migrate-an-existing-app/migrate-from-flex.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fapache.github.io%2Froyale-docs%2Fcreate-an-application%2Fmigrate-an-existing-app%2Fmigrate-from-flex.html&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C8d5cba5372d7412f141408d69a42e960%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866009536024185&sdata=aI4nV%2BsLNqDwJboZdVsxeUSy70W0afVDWprebWy%2BiVQ%3D&reserved=0>

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 10:04 PM
To: "users@royale.apache.org<ma...@royale.apache.org>" <us...@royale.apache.org>>

Alex, thanks for the link information.

I understand Flash version takes more time for loading SWF than new Apache Royale.  Is my observation correct?

It seems what I'm looking for is the Advanced Data Grid.  It seems not implemented in Royale yet.

But anyway, the progress seems to be great.

T-san

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 2:28 PM Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>> wrote:
Hi,

The examples using emulation components are in examples/mxroyale.  The most sophisticated example is a migration of a subset of Tour De Flex.  It is still a work in progress.  The most current version is here: http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/TourDeFlexMigration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/index.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com%3A8080%2Fjob%2FTourDeFlexMigration%2FlastSuccessfulBuild%2Fartifact%2Fexamples%2Fmxroyale%2Ftourdeflexmodules%2Fbin%2Fjs-debug%2Findex.html&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C8d5cba5372d7412f141408d69a42e960%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866009536024185&sdata=CAbPHQig1AQ0LvYEn3PWDEYax4iV%2FXNLxHKX2hQN6zk%3D&reserved=0>

The Flex version it is based on is here:  http://flex.apache.org/tourdeflex/index.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fflex.apache.org%2Ftourdeflex%2Findex.html&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C8d5cba5372d7412f141408d69a42e960%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866009536034190&sdata=5V2TzEOF2mvnnzw5Flr7naTyFrUSdAdl3KomJ2LubYc%3D&reserved=0>

The repos do not contain any serious example of migrating Flex to Basic   The focus of Basic was more about code size and performance than ease of migration.  We did migrate the FlexStore example.  It is in examples/royale/RoyaleStore.  The source it is based on is here: https://github.com/apache/flex-examples/tree/develop/FlexStore<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fflex-examples%2Ftree%2Fdevelop%2FFlexStore&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C8d5cba5372d7412f141408d69a42e960%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866009536044195&sdata=tfAFYkNF%2BjaWk4IGRIp4Vm%2BU4QsPByt5BQ8aPj0NDHY%3D&reserved=0>  There aren’t any examples running on a server at the moment.  Still, Harbs ported his app to Basic and he can tell you more about it.

-Alex

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:01 PM
To: "users@royale.apache.org<ma...@royale.apache.org>" <us...@royale.apache.org>>

    Sent from: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C73bc5071226444dab0f508d697faa246%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636863500060250570&amp;sdata=NSR584KJpjT2fdd91uv%2BE3AwcAwwww8SdN3nA1LHgys%3D&amp;reserved=0<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C8d5cba5372d7412f141408d69a42e960%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636866009536044195&sdata=r1qjxHmt7JX2dCIwG%2Br1%2B5vmseFblmDnwWfQH5YJ%2FEo%3D&reserved=0>

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Posted by Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Posted by Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>.
Alex, got it. Cool.

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 10:04 PM
To: "users@royale.apache.org" <us...@royale.apache.org>

Alex, thanks for the link information.

I understand Flash version takes more time for loading SWF than new Apache Royale.  Is my observation correct?

It seems what I'm looking for is the Advanced Data Grid.  It seems not implemented in Royale yet.

But anyway, the progress seems to be great.

T-san

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 2:28 PM Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>> wrote:
Hi,

The examples using emulation components are in examples/mxroyale.  The most sophisticated example is a migration of a subset of Tour De Flex.  It is still a work in progress.  The most current version is here: http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/TourDeFlexMigration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/index.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com%3A8080%2Fjob%2FTourDeFlexMigration%2FlastSuccessfulBuild%2Fartifact%2Fexamples%2Fmxroyale%2Ftourdeflexmodules%2Fbin%2Fjs-debug%2Findex.html&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C3beeaf13980c4dff072c08d69954b34d%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636864986405706861&sdata=crvnSbkMhXr8tNXIg84GLT9ITKiFciDGOpycaJYhsYE%3D&reserved=0>

The Flex version it is based on is here:  http://flex.apache.org/tourdeflex/index.html<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fflex.apache.org%2Ftourdeflex%2Findex.html&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C3beeaf13980c4dff072c08d69954b34d%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636864986405716870&sdata=IV3BfKqjcKo1ZXeXHUd8tObgWRakFHch1hpfLXJ%2FOBk%3D&reserved=0>

The repos do not contain any serious example of migrating Flex to Basic   The focus of Basic was more about code size and performance than ease of migration.  We did migrate the FlexStore example.  It is in examples/royale/RoyaleStore.  The source it is based on is here: https://github.com/apache/flex-examples/tree/develop/FlexStore<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fapache%2Fflex-examples%2Ftree%2Fdevelop%2FFlexStore&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C3beeaf13980c4dff072c08d69954b34d%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636864986405716870&sdata=DgEucQhFgvuHaA4%2FrsRbmYusSJeipzI2%2BjH5wxY9QHw%3D&reserved=0>  There aren’t any examples running on a server at the moment.  Still, Harbs ported his app to Basic and he can tell you more about it.

-Alex

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:01 PM
To: "users@royale.apache.org<ma...@royale.apache.org>" <us...@royale.apache.org>>

    Sent from: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C73bc5071226444dab0f508d697faa246%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636863500060250570&amp;sdata=NSR584KJpjT2fdd91uv%2BE3AwcAwwww8SdN3nA1LHgys%3D&amp;reserved=0<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C3beeaf13980c4dff072c08d69954b34d%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636864986405726879&sdata=rJBg2%2Fawsdo1lF9joVTFdooUYT0oyfFSpG4m%2F7grRYM%3D&reserved=0>

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Posted by Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>.

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

The examples using emulation components are in examples/mxroyale.  The most sophisticated example is a migration of a subset of Tour De Flex.  It is still a work in progress.  The most current version is here: http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/TourDeFlexMigration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/examples/mxroyale/tourdeflexmodules/bin/js-debug/index.html

The Flex version it is based on is here:  http://flex.apache.org/tourdeflex/index.html

The repos do not contain any serious example of migrating Flex to Basic   The focus of Basic was more about code size and performance than ease of migration.  We did migrate the FlexStore example.  It is in examples/royale/RoyaleStore.  The source it is based on is here: https://github.com/apache/flex-examples/tree/develop/FlexStore  There aren’t any examples running on a server at the moment.  Still, Harbs ported his app to Basic and he can tell you more about it.

-Alex

From: Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, February 22, 2019 at 5:01 PM
To: "users@royale.apache.org" <us...@royale.apache.org>

    Sent from: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C73bc5071226444dab0f508d697faa246%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636863500060250570&amp;sdata=NSR584KJpjT2fdd91uv%2BE3AwcAwwww8SdN3nA1LHgys%3D&amp;reserved=0<https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapache-royale-users.20374.n8.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C52e1fb539fc849842a3608d6992a68d2%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636864804766683879&sdata=VODzKiNjjPhH006MCS7mFMNUzocgUCSBQkMlFI8wFlQ%3D&reserved=0>

--
Shoichiro Takeshita
武下 祥一郎

Re: Migrating an app from Apache Flex to Apache Royale (tweet thread)

Posted by Takeshita Shoichiro <jl...@gmail.com>.
Alex,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi T-San,

I created this content for you in some few minutes, so please, take into
account that needs *much* work. But could be a starting point for you:

Some points:

* I based this content in TourDeJewel project, you can remove one of the
files content and paste the following.
* TabBar and TabBarContent components works, but still could not finish
jewel styles, so looks a bit basic, but could be just what you need for
now. Anyway you could create some CSS
* To make it fast I'm using some data from TDJ like ListModel and some CSS
clases that you can find there too
* About AdvancedDataGrid. There's some work on this in MX and Basic, but
nothing in Jewel yet. In that point I can't help you so much, but you can
ask about that so others could give you some advice
      - Jewel Table is something similar to a DataGrid, but not to ADG, but
is not finished and the API need about selectedItem and
selectedItemProperty needs to be rewritten, I don't like the actual
approach I did.
      - For DataGrids, even in flex, I use to use simple List with
ItemRenderers, since most of the time we don't need all things a DataGrid
do. So for this reason in this layout I put an HGroup with 2 labels, and a
List with an itemrendere with two items. So what I do is to layout and
style the HGroup and the two labels to be the "header" and the List with
various items to be the "columns". That works pretty good for me. Since I
don't know your needs and seems you need some hierarchical data, maybe
you'll need to use the basic Tree or something like that. IOW, Jewel still
doesn't have DataGrid, ADG and Tree, so you need to use other UI sets for
now for that part, or try other more simple ways like the one based in List
I commented before but depends on your use case.

HTH
Carlos

<fx:Script>
        <![CDATA[
            import org.apache.royale.collections.ArrayList;
            import vos.TabBarButtonVO;
private function changeHandler(event:Event):void
{
var item:TabBarButtonVO = (event.target as TabBar).selectedItem as
TabBarButtonVO;
tabcontent.selectedContent = item.href;
}

private var _tabBarNavigation:ArrayList = new ArrayList([
                new TabBarButtonVO("First", "tab1"),
                new TabBarButtonVO("Second", "tab2"),
                new TabBarButtonVO("Third", "tab3")
            ]);

            public function get tabBarNavigation():ArrayList
            {
                return _tabBarNavigation;
            }
        ]]>
    </fx:Script>

    <j:model>
        <models:ListsModel id="listModel"/>
    </j:model>

    <j:beads>
        <js:ContainerDataBinding/>
    </j:beads>

    <j:Card>

        <j:TabBar id="tabbar" className="tabBarIconItemRenderer" change=
"changeHandler(event)" selectedIndex="0">
            <j:beads>
                <js:ConstantBinding sourcePropertyName="tabBarNavigation"
destinationPropertyName="dataProvider"/>
            </j:beads>
        </j:TabBar>

        <j:TabBarContent id="tabcontent" width="100%">
            <j:SectionContent name="tab1" width="100%">
                <j:Card width="100%">
                    <j:HGroup width="100%">
                        <j:Label text="Header 1"/>
                        <j:Label text="Header 2"/>
                    </j:HGroup >
                    <j:List id="iconList" width="100%" height="300"
                            labelField="label" dataProvider=
"{listModel.iconListData}"
                            className="iconListItemRenderer" />
                </j:Card>
            </j:SectionContent>

            <j:SectionContent name="tab2">
                <j:Label text="Content for second tab"/>
            </j:SectionContent>

            <j:SectionContent name="tab3">
                <j:Label text="Content for third tab"/>
            </j:SectionContent>
        </j:TabBarContent>
    </j:Card>

Posted by T-san <jl...@gmail.com>.
Carlos,

I have the following mxml. (Skelton only)

Would like to convert to Apache Royale.

Would you please advise me what I shoud do (such as changing the source a
bit for successful conversion)?

I'd like to convert and build 2 or 3 mxml files for assessment, if possible,
within a couple of days.

Appreciate your help in advance.

T-san

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>