Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Heitzso <he...@home.com> on 2001/05/24 19:16:59 UTC

arrays suggestion

I need to use Arrays and am trying to use a WSDL toolkit to generate
my java proxies/stubs.  As noted elsewhere on this list I'm trying to
define my arrays as:

          <xsd:complexType name="Data">
               <xsd:complexContent>
                   <xsd:restriction base="SOAP-ENC:Array">
                       <xsd:attribute ref="SOAP-ENC:arrayType"
                           wsdl:arrayType="xsd:string[]" />
                   </xsd:restriction>
               </xsd:complexContent>
           </xsd:complexType>

in <types></types>

I've tried to use IBM's wsdl/wstk but, as noted elsewhere in this list,
the current version of wstk, 2.3, cannot handle this.  I've also downloaded
Idoox's tools for netbeans/forte but they also choke on this (downloaded
May 24th).

So I suppose I'll have to bypass WSDL and code-my-own proxies/stubs.
Could someone please point me in a good direction for a tutorial or
example?   I'm using apache's xml-soap rpcrouter.

Also, does anyone have ideas re when the wsdl tools will stabilize
and actually be able to handle the full SOAP/Schema load/complexity?

Thanks,
Heitzso
xxh1@cdc.gov or heitzso@home.com