Posted to legal-discuss@apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@apache.org> on 2008/09/02 23:07:13 UTC

Copyright statement in the NOTICE file

Hi all,

Sorry, if this is an RTFM-kind of question (links welcome, nevertheles
;-) ).

Over in the Apache Felix project we have a recent contribution of code,
which went through the IP Clearing process.

The NOTICE file as it stands right now starts with:

   Apache Felix Remote Shell
   Copyright 2006-2008 Dieter Wimberger

We are now uncertain whether it is correct to have this second line (the
Copyrigh attribution) is correct for a piece of software contained in
the Apache SVN repository and to be released as ASF software.

If someone with more insight in Copyright law could shed some light on
this for us, this would be very kind.

Thanks a lot and regards
Felix

Re: Copyright statement in the NOTICE file

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your reply. After thinking about it again and also reading
the stuff again, you pointed me at, we decided to replace the Copyright
statement.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Jennifer O'Neill <je...@gmail.com>.