Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/18 15:04:25 UTC

Maven rar plugin: bizarre behavior?

The documentation for the maven-rar-plugin says: "By default, the generated
JAR file is included in the RAR file."

I see no such .jar file produced, let alone included into the final
artifact.

I set my project's packaging to rar.  That's it.  The output is a .rar file
that contains my project's dependencies and its META-INF/ra.xml file.
That's it.  No .jar file is generated, nor (obviously) is such a .jar file
included in the final .rar file.

I would say I'm missing something but there doesn't seem to be a lot to
miss.  :-)  All help gratefully appreciated.

Best,
Laird

Re: Maven rar plugin: bizarre behavior?

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:09 AM, Stephen Connolly <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> you really should have the rar classes as a separate module, much like the
> recommended best practice for war files (not that many follow that best
> practice as it makes quick development with jetty:run a pain)

OK, that's a fair statement.  Perhaps some verbiage to that effect--and also
some pointing out that even if you want to violate this perfectly decent
recommendation there's actually not a way to do it given the existing
configuration possibilities in the plugin--could show up on the maven rar
plugin documentation page.

In the meantime, I've worked^H^H^H^H^H^Hhacked around the issue by invoking
the maven-jar-plugin jar goal as part of the prepare-package phase--then a
jar file is produced, and the maven-rar-plugin can detect it and either
include it or not.

Best,
Laird

Re: Read all repos exclude someone privilege

Posted by Aleksey Didik <di...@magenta-technology.ru>.
Sorry for this message, it's for nexus group.

Aleksey.

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.