Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Carlos Pérez Miguel <cp...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/09 10:09:16 UTC

problems extracting outlinks

Hi,

While crawling a site, I found that the crawl stopped before expected
because lots of urls being downloaded was of the form:

http://www.domain.com/something/"http://www.domain.com"

After reading the html of the pages containing that outlinks I found that
those outlinks are note included in the source code, so I guess there may
be something incorrect in the page content or in the parse made by nutch.
How can I know which problem is? I am a little lost with this one.

In order to see the problem:

$ bin/nutch parsechecker
https://www.seguroscatalanaoccidente.com/cat/particulars/vida/assegurances-de-vida/vida-proteccio

And within the results we can see this particular outlink:
 outlink: toUrl:
https://www.seguroscatalanaoccidente.com/cat/particulars/vida/assegurances-de-vida/
"http://www.seguroscatalanaoccidente.com" anchor:
www.seguroscatalanaoccidente.com

Is there any way to solve or avoid this? maybe with the regex-urlfilter
file?

Thanks

Carlos Pérez Miguel

Re: problems extracting outlinks

Posted by Sebastian Nagel <wa...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Carlos,

thanks for the follow-up. I've checked the mentioned link and Nutch 1.14:
- with parse-html the link is missing (also some more)
- with parse-tika it's extracted as expected: a self-referential link, the anchor part removed

That's a hint that we should have a closer look on the problem.
Please, open an issue on
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH

Thanks,
Sebastian