Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ni...@arsoe-trelaze.com on 2003/10/17 16:58:23 UTC

Réf. : cvs automation

take a look at the SCM plugin

http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/scm/

Nicolas
-----------------

"Scott, Christopher S (Hudson Global Resources)"
<sc...@westinghouse.com>
17/10/2003 16:55
Veuillez répondre à "Maven Users List"

        Pour :  "'users@maven.apache.org'" <us...@maven.apache.org>
        cc :
        Objet : cvs automation

Hi, I'm looking for a way for automate cvs checkins and updates from
maven.
I believe the repository target may have something to do with it but the
documentation says "This is used by Maven when  building versions  from
specific ID.", which is rather unspecific.  There are ant tasks (<cvs ...
>)
that accomplish cvs automation, but what is the process for using ant
tasks
in maven?  Or is there a maven specific cvs functionality?  Forgive me if
have missed something in the documentation.

What I really want to do is to set up the cruisecontrol plugin to
regularly
update the cvs source tree and build the project/ run tests, email
failures
etc, so that developers will know on a semi-hourly basis if their commits
have broken code elsewhere in the project.  Has anybody done anything like
this?  Also, I'd be glad to write a HOW-TO on this topic once I get it
working, as I'm sure others would like this functionality as well.

~Chris

Christopher Scott
Westinghouse Electric Company