Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/09 13:50:58 UTC

[1.4] Tutorial module issue with maven-ant-generator

Hi All,

In previous releases the tutorial modules seems to be under sca/tutorials
folder, but for 1.4 it
looks like we have a new folder structure which moved this modules into
sca/tutorials/store folder.

This new folder structure seem to have problem with mavan-ant-generator
tool, in terms of generating
the classpath in build.xml as shown below.

    <fileset id="tuscany.jars" dir="../../modules">
        <include name="tuscany-data-api-1.4.jar"/>
        <include name="tuscany-sca-api-1.4.jar"/>
    </fileset>
    <fileset id="3rdparty.jars" dir="../../lib">
        <include name="derby-10.3.1.4.jar"/>
    </fileset>

Here the classpath always points to ../../modules ant ../../lib as these
values are hardcoded in maven-ant-generator,
instead we would require classpath pointing to ../../../modules as per the
new folder structure.

Possible Fix to this issue would be:

1. Move the tutorial modules under sca/tutorials folder.
2. Create customized build.xml as part of modules, without needing to
generate from maven plugin.
3. Fix the hardcoded value in the maven-ant-generator tool.

Basically, I am little confused as what would be the right fix for this
issue. Any thoughts, please suggest.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ramkumar Ramalingam

Re: [1.4] Tutorial module issue with maven-ant-generator

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 10:38 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Ramkumar R <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> In previous releases the tutorial modules seems to be under sca/tutorials
>> folder, but for 1.4 it
>> looks like we have a new folder structure which moved this modules into
>> sca/tutorials/store folder.
>>
>> This new folder structure seem to have problem with mavan-ant-generator
>> tool, in terms of generating
>> the classpath in build.xml as shown below.
>>
>>     <fileset id="tuscany.jars" dir="../../modules">
>>         <include name="tuscany-data-api-1.4.jar"/>
>>         <include name="tuscany-sca-api-1.4.jar"/>
>>     </fileset>
>>     <fileset id="3rdparty.jars" dir="../../lib">
>>         <include name="derby-10.3.1.4.jar"/>
>>     </fileset>
>>
>> Here the classpath always points to ../../modules ant ../../lib as these
>> values are hardcoded in maven-ant-generator,
>> instead we would require classpath pointing to ../../../modules as per the
>> new folder structure.
>>
>> Possible Fix to this issue would be:
>>
>> 1. Move the tutorial modules under sca/tutorials folder.
>> 2. Create customized build.xml as part of modules, without needing to
>> generate from maven plugin.
>> 3. Fix the hardcoded value in the maven-ant-generator tool.
>>
>> Basically, I am little confused as what would be the right fix for this
>> issue. Any thoughts, please suggest.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Ramkumar Ramalingam
>>

> Hi Ram

I've got a small fix for the plugin. I'll commit shortly.

Simon

Re: [1.4] Tutorial module issue with maven-ant-generator

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.