Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lionel Crine <lc...@linagora.com> on 2007/09/04 11:30:00 UTC

random Listening port

Hello,

I've installed tomcat 6.0 and I'm wondering why there is random port open.
On tomcat 5.5, there is no random port open.

What is it for ?

For example :
----
What is the first port ????
java    5107 tomcat    6u  IPv6 13478475       TCP *:42590 (LISTEN)
java    5107 tomcat    8u  IPv6 13478477       TCP *:8080 (LISTEN)
java    5107 tomcat    9u  IPv6 13478507       TCP *:8009 (LISTEN)
java    5107 tomcat   15u  IPv6 13478596       TCP *:8005 (LISTEN)

Thank you in advance

--
Lionel CRINE - LINAGORA
Administrateur Systèmes et Réseaux

Re: random Listening port

Posted by Lionel Crine <lc...@linagora.com>.
So, you were right. Jmxremote is activated because of lambda probe.
I'll check if I can set a permanent port in it.

Thanks for the info.

> Well,
>
> good point, I think jmx is activated. I'll check that and come back to
> you.
> I'm using sun JVM 5.0 on Linux.
>
> Lionel
>
> Caldarale, Charles R a écrit :
>>> From: Lionel Crine [mailto:lcrine@linagora.com]
>>> Subject: random Listening port
>>>
>>> I've installed tomcat 6.0 and I'm wondering why there is
>>> random port open.
>>
>> Do you have JMX remote enabled?  (Setting -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
>> opens a random port with a Sun JVM.)  What JVM are you using?
>>
>> - Chuck
>>

>> THIS COMMUNICATION MAY CONTAIN CONFIDENTIAL AND/OR OTHERWISE PROPRIETARY
>> MATERIAL and is thus for use only by the intended recipient. If you
>> received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the e-mail
>> and its attachments from all computers.

Lionel CRINE - GROUPE LINAGORA
Open Source Software Engineer

Re: random Listening port