Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by John Dempsey <jo...@yahoo.ie> on 2007/10/04 10:12:43 UTC

Assertion problem when used with Transaction Controllers

Hi Guys,

I'm putting a response assertion at testplan level to
check if any of the sample responses contained the
word error.
My http request samplers are grouped under transaction
controllers that generate a parent sample.
The samplers pass the assertion but the transaction
controller fails with the message below.

Assertion error: false
Assertion failure: true
Assertion failure message : Response was null

Is there a way around this?
And is it a bad idea to have an assertion at the
testplan level?

Thanks!
John.

Re: Assertion problem when used with Transaction Controllers

Posted by John Dempsey <jo...@yahoo.ie>.
That makes sense.
I was hoping there was a property to make response
assertions ignore the transaction controllers.

Thanks for the info!

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
In 04/10/2007, John Dempsey <jo...@yahoo.ie> wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> I'm putting a response assertion at testplan level to
> check if any of the sample responses contained the
> word error.
> My http request samplers are grouped under transaction
> controllers that generate a parent sample.
> The samplers pass the assertion but the transaction
> controller fails with the message below.
>
> Assertion error: false
> Assertion failure: true
> Assertion failure message : Response was null

That's because a TC does not have any response data.
It would not make sense; one cannot aggregate response fields, only
the time and bytes.

> Is there a way around this?

Move the Assertion ...