Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by John Menke <jo...@eagleinfosystems.com> on 2001/03/22 17:10:58 UTC

HypersonicSQL Database Manager

I am having problems with the creation of a new user in Jetspeed.  It has
been suggested that a table must be created in the database in order for
this to work.  How do I run the Database Manager?  I am running Jetspeed
1.3a, and everything else works.

Re: HypersonicSQL Database Manager

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
John Menke wrote:

>>> this to work.  How do I run the Database Manager?  I am
>>
>> From WEB-INF/db:
>>
>> java -classpath %CLASSPATH%;hsql.jar org.hsql.util.DatabaseManager
>>
>> Creating new users works for me. Do you have your db setup in TR.p
>>
>> database.default.driver=org.hsql.jdbcDriver
>> database.default.url=jdbc:HypersonicSQL:${webapp.dir}/WEB-INF/db/jetspeed
>> database.default.username=sa
>> database.default.password=
>>

> I have those exact entries in my TR.p file.  Do I still have to add the
> table?  I'm guessing yes as it currently does not work.
>
> When I try to run the command you have above I get an error:
>
> [javaman666@www1 db]$ java -classpath %CLASSPATH%:hsql.jar
> org.hsql.util.DatabaseManager
> org/hsql/util/DatabaseManager

Try DatabaseManager instead of org.hsql.util.DatabaseManager.

Also, don't forget to stop jetspeed during access, as Hypersonic is
designed by use for only a Java VM at a time. You will spoil the files
if other VM is accessing.

> It wants me to use : instead of ; in the classpath section also:  here is
> the usage for the command on my Redhat 7.0 box
>
> Usage: java [-options] class [args...]
>            (to execute a class)
>    or  java -jar [-options] jarfile [args...]
>            (to execute a jar file)
>
> where options include:
>     -cp -classpath <directories and zip/jar files separated by :>
>                   set search path for application classes and resources
>     -D<name>=<value>
>                   set a system property
>     -verbose[:class|gc|jni]
>                   enable verbose output
>     -version      print product version and exit
>     -showversion  print product version and continue
>     -? -help      print this help message
>     -X            print help on non-standard options

Unix --> ":"
Windows --> ";"

No idea about Mac...

RE: HypersonicSQL Database Manager