Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1998/07/08 18:53:08 UTC

ap_cfg_getline

Why oh why does ap_cfg_getline() compress spaces?

I looked back at 1.2 and it too compresses spaces, I just didn't see it
the first time I looked.

This is silly.  This means that even quoted strings can't contain tabs or
spaces.

Dean

Re: ap_cfg_getline

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Right, the compression should happen in the caller though... the callers
> tend to use ap_getword et al, so ap_cfg_getline could get by with just
> trimming leading and trailing whitespace I think.

That same algorithm should have the correct effect when applied to
ap_getword*, too.  Which makes it rather nice..

#ken	P-)}

Re: ap_cfg_getline

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.

Re: ap_cfg_getline