Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk> on 2007/12/08 19:10:10 UTC

[T5] Component Module Templates Not Rendering

Hello,

The templates in my component module are not being rendered when I
deploy my app in a standalone version of Jetty via the webapps dir.
All is fine when deployed with the Jetty Launcher in Eclipse.

If I add a BeforeRenderTemplate method to the component I can see it
being called, so I assume Tapestry knows of the template. I can even
add elements to the writer from this method and they are rendered
fine.

Also, I don't know if this is related or not, but image (possibly all
binary?) assets from the component module are served up corrupted.
Stylesheet (text) assets are served up fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be?

Regards,

Steve.

Re: [T5] Component Module Templates Not Rendering

Posted by Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk>.
Hi,

Yes, thanks. It was to do with files being corrupted when the
components module was installed into the maven repo. Thanks for the
tip, it all hangs together quite nicely now.

Best regards,

Steve.

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
Is there any chance you are using Ant <filters> when copying resources
into the deployed WAR?  Try expoding the WAR and checking the files
direclty.  Filtering (the thing that finds @FOO@ and replaces the
value with something else) will corrupt binary files quite often.

On Dec 8, 2007 10:10 AM, Steve Eynon <st...@alienfactory.co.uk> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The templates in my component module are not being rendered when I
> deploy my app in a standalone version of Jetty via the webapps dir.
> All is fine when deployed with the Jetty Launcher in Eclipse.
>
> If I add a BeforeRenderTemplate method to the component I can see it
> being called, so I assume Tapestry knows of the template. I can even
> add elements to the writer from this method and they are rendered
> fine.
>
> Also, I don't know if this is related or not, but image (possibly all
> binary?) assets from the component module are served up corrupted.
> Stylesheet (text) assets are served up fine.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to why this may be?
>
> Regards,
>
> Steve.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.