Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by Manuel Linsmayer <ma...@linsmayer.com> on 2008/04/16 16:19:48 UTC

shutdown() callback

Hello,

I've overwritten the prepareShutdown() and shutdown() methods in my
custom capability java class, but they're never called upon Tomcat
shutdown. Could this be a bug/problem, or is this normal behaviour?

initialize() and initializeCompleted() callbacks (upon Tomcat startup)
work fine.

I'm using Muse 2.2.0 on Tomcat 5.5 and Java 1.5.0_13.

Thank you,
Manuel

RE: shutdown() callback

Posted by Ch...@swisscom.com.
Hiya,

its not exactly a bug, more an oversite I think.

In my own isolation layer I have a full lifecycle, including restart
capability.

You are really much better off not calling shutdown in the current muse
code.  Calling shutdown removes persistent subscriptions (amongst other
things) and stops you from being able to start again.  Its best just to
leave it running.

cheers,
Chris

PS (its not that you are running in tomcat its that the isolation layer
(axis or simple soap) don't call shutdown).