Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Brian Topping <to...@digidemic.com> on 2002/05/27 12:55:23 UTC

building / debugging turbine and dependencies

Hi all!

So I'm a day or so into trying to get a Turbine build together that I can debug from, and feeling like I need a sanity check.

I have a complete link of the build within a Java IDE (for debugging), but getting the Turbine build to complete at the command line with Ant has been difficult.  I presume that the documentation for how to build Turbine and all the prerequisites would be out of date as soon as it was written... but if I want to be able to debug the whole, what are my options?

It might be that it just takes a few days to get a complete build of Tomcat and dependencies when everything is checked out of CVS.  But are there any good shortcuts that are commonly taken?

I'm just interested in getting some feedback of what others have been doing to get to the point that they can run a socket debugger against the Turbine sources.  If there is any tips or configurations that anyone can suggest, they would be very much appreciated.

best regards,

-b