Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by sb <si...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/24 12:59:34 UTC

Page State not updated via call back from IFrame // AjaxRequestTarget

Hi,

I'm writing a component that uploads an image file and then updates a list
(ArrayList) of image files in the containing page.

The UploadImageComponent is implemented with an IFrame which contains the
form that actually uploads the Image File and then calls back to the
UploadImageComponent to indicate when the ImageFile has been uploaded and
saved successfully.

When the IFrame reloads having successfully uploaded the image it then then
calls back again to the UploadImageComponent with an AjaxRequestTarget this
then calls the containing Page which updates the List of ImageFiles that
have been added.

The problem that I'm having is that every time the UploadImageComponent
calls the imageUploaded(ImageFile) call back in containing Page which adds
the ImageFile to an internal List, the List is empty and in fact a different
List (I checked this by calling System.identityHashCode(imageFileList)),
even if I've previously uploaded an ImageFile.

I'm not sure why this is, I think it might be something to do with marking
the page as Dirty and Page versioning and the way that wicket serializes the
versions of a page.

Has anyone had a similar problem, I think the issue is that I don't fully
understand the nature of Pages and Page versioning, Page Serialization etc

Any suggestions very welcome.

Simon