Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Imtiyaz <im...@yahoo.co.in> on 2004/06/21 07:21:36 UTC

xindcie remotely accessing query

hello sir

i read u r article for xindcie on ibm link

i have one query for this

i am try to access xindice remotely on same machine(localhost) my prgm

is running very well but when i am try to run the prgm remotely it giving me

runtime exception

code that i uses is

public void setConn() {

try {

String driver = "org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl";

Class c = Class.forName(driver);

Database database = (Database) c.newInstance();

DatabaseManager.registerDatabase(database);

col =

DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice://localhost:4080/db/addressbook");

}

this code is running very well but when i want to access remotely i made following change

in above code

col =

DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice://192.168.0.53:4080/db/addressbook");

ip-address of server

i am getting run time exception

what will be the solutioni to this

i hope that u donot mind for this

regards

student

Re: xindcie remotely accessing query

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Imtiyaz wrote:

> i am using xindcie 1.0 i writtten the prgm for also and it
> is working fine on localhost but when  i want to accesss
> xindice remotely i pass the ip-address of remote machine
> and port nomber 4080 where it is listening but it is not able to
> access  remotely..
>
> wheter it will not possible to access xindice 1.0 remotely ?

It should be possible.

> if yes tell me the correction in my code

Most probably this is some CORBA issue. I don't support 1.0, so I don't
know why it does not work - please read email archives.

Vadim

Re: xindcie remotely accessing query

Posted by Imtiyaz <im...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi vadim

thanks for reply to me
i am using xindcie 1.0 i writtten the prgm for also and it
is working fine on localhost but when  i want to accesss
xindice remotely i pass the ip-address of remote machine
and port nomber 4080 where it is listening but it is not able to
access  remotely..

wheter it will not possible to access xindice 1.0 remotely ?
if yes tell me the correction in my code

192.168.0.53  ip-address of remote machine
4080  port no where server is listening

        public void setConn() {

            try {
                String driver = "org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl";
                Class c = Class.forName(driver);

                Database database = (Database) c.newInstance();
                DatabaseManager.registerDatabase(database);
                col =
                DatabaseManager.getCollection("xmldb:xindice://192.168.0.53:4080/db/addressbook");
            }
            catch (XMLDBException e) {
                System.err.println("XML:DB Exception occured " + e.errorCode + " " +
                e.getMessage());
            } catch(Exception e) {
            }

        }

Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com> wrote:
Try learning and then using Xindice 1.1.

Vadim

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.