Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Václav Tregner <va...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/31 09:27:07 UTC

Missing Kerberos example in HttpClient 4.3

Hello,
I cannot find Kerberos example in 4.3 version of HttpClient. In 4.2, threre
is file "ClientKerberosAuthentication.java", but it isn't in 4.3.
Documentation says "The best way to start is to grab the
KerberosHttpClient.java file in examples and try and get it to work". But
where to grab???

Thanks
Vasek Tregner

Re: Missing Kerberos example in HttpClient 4.3

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 09:27 +0100, Václav Tregner wrote:
> Hello,
> I cannot find Kerberos example in 4.3 version of HttpClient. In 4.2, threre
> is file "ClientKerberosAuthentication.java", but it isn't in 4.3.
> Documentation says "The best way to start is to grab the
> KerberosHttpClient.java file in examples and try and get it to work". But
> where to grab???
>
> Thanks
> Vasek Tregner

Hi Vasek

The documentation is out of date. Please raise a JIRA for this issue.

Unfortunately, we have no committer on the project both able and willing
to maintain Kerberos auth code, so we mostly rely on external
contributors for Kerberos related improvements and documentation.

Oleg