Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Geoff M. Granum" <ge...@lookingglasssoftware.com> on 2007/06/21 08:19:43 UTC

Compling in IntelliJ / other IDE? Was: (XERCESJ-589) Bug with pattern restriction on long strings

Anyone have some quick tips for compiling Xerces using IntelliJ?

I have some thoughts on how I might re-implement this without having to
modify behavior. Which is to say, modify in-place while still removing
recursion, probably 50-100 lines of new code. Just for that method; there
are other probably-deep recursion calls, but the only bug is on this one,
I believe? If the solution is accepted as workable, the performance
increase of dropping so many nested recursion calls might merit jumping on
the other methods. Only performance tests will tell.

However, there is a slight issue: I am completely addicted to IntelliJ for
all my Java needs, and it doesn't seem to want to play (read: 'debug')
with the class files unless it gets to compile them.

I admit, I spent far more time looking at the code than trying to get
IntelliJ to let me debug it. Using the ant build I'm reproducing the bug
just fine. I'll work without if I have to, but it's worth the time to ask.

I'm guessing that I need to point to an extra JDK and replace a few files?
If there is a readme out there somewhere on the subject, I'd appreciate a
pointer.

This is a straight 'New Project from Source Control' IntelliJ project.

Geoff M. Granum
Portland, Oregon

Re: Compling in IntelliJ / other IDE? Was: (XERCESJ-589) Bug with pattern restriction on long strings

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Geoff,

I use Eclipse exclusively so can't offer any suggestions on that.

Just wanted to say that I'm glad someone is finally looking into solving
this problem. Thanks for volunteering.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab