Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2012/08/23 19:15:37 UTC

[DISCUSS] Install badge for the Apache Flex SDK Installer App

Hi all,

I have just finished my take on the install badge for the Apache Flex
SDK Installer App. You can find the preview at [1].

I've currently implemented 2 sizes, Regular and Small, so prospective
users have a choice of which the find best suited for their particular
use (site, blog, tweet, facebook, Google+ etc.).

Also, I made some 'minor' adjustments to the layout and texts. I hope
you like the result, but if not then you are free to suggest
alternatives :-)

EdB

1: https://people.apache.org/~erikdebruin/badge-preview.html

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [DISCUSS] Install badge for the Apache Flex SDK Installer App

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi Om,

I understand. I think it could be done with js but will take a time ;).
Better to use the time for other things :)

thanks!

C.

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
Hi,

it looks so good. My only concern here is why it's made with flex?
Maybe I'm missing something but here I'll use a simple image to link since
the time to download is very big. In smartphones you'll see the flash
player logo, what's no so good.

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
> Should we move the disclaimer to a different page?  This would remove the
> need for the extra font which adds to the file size.  And this way, we can
> add more text to the html page as needed.

Excellent idea, done. Please take a look at it, the 'disclaimer.html'
is pretty barren ;-)

> Can you also put up a release version of the swf files?  That would give a
> good idea of the time taken to load up the swfs.

With some replacements and style sheet adjustments, I have the release
version down to ~400k. I think that is very reasonable, especially as
it is targeted at people who are going to download the installer app
(~3Mb) and most likely the SDK (~60Mb).

http://people.apache.org/~erikdebruin/badge-preview.html

EdB

Posted by Om <bi...@gmail.com>.