Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by shixing <pa...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/28 06:25:17 UTC

What is the real semantic of the parameter "hbase.client.retries.number"

I have seen there are serveral use of the parameter "*
hbase.client.retries.number*" to be used.

And I find some cases used like this:
*for (int i =0; i < hbase.client.retries.number; i++) {*
*    doSomething();*
*}*

And in *doSomething() *there are also *hbase.client.retries.number* retries,
so the total retry are totally *
hbase.client.retries.number*hbase.client.retries.number*

For examples:
The HBaseAdmin's constructor, there are retries outof getMaster(), also
there are retries in the getMaster().

I see the trunk has changed, in the 0.94 branch, the retries num = *
hbase.client.retries.number*hbase.client.retries.number *logic still
exists. Should we fix it?

--
Best wishes!
My Friend~

Fwd: What is the real semantic of the parameter "hbase.client.retries.number"