Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by av...@agency.com on 2001/09/06 15:01:59 UTC

FOP Speed

Hello,

I am rendering a two page document in PDF/PCL using FOP.  I notice that the
actual loading and render steps of the stylesheet take a rather long time
(close to 10 seconds on a large server) I'm wondering if there are any XSL
guidelines for FOP, best practicies, things to not do etc, or are there any
low hanging fruits per se that I thought look for and fix?

-Tony

Re: FOP Speed

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
On Thu, 6 Sep 2001 09:01:59 -0400  avespa wrote:
> I am rendering a two page document in PDF/PCL using FOP.  I notice that the
> actual loading and render steps of the stylesheet take a rather long time
> (close to 10 seconds on a large server) I'm wondering if there are any XSL
> guidelines for FOP, best practicies, things to not do etc, or are there any
> low hanging fruits per se that I thought look for and fix?

I hope you don't start a new VM each time you want to process a document.
If not, are you trying to render particularly complex documents or big
images?

Regards,
OUTLINE AG
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch