Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mi...@akquinet.de> on 2013/03/28 23:15:25 UTC

JDO TCK Conference Call Friday March 29, 9 am Pacific Daylight Time

Hi,

We will have our regular meeting Friday, March 29 at 9 am Pacific
Daylight Time (PDT) to discuss JDO TCK issues and status.

Dial-in numbers are:
US Toll free: 866 682-4770
Germany Frankfurt 069222216106
Germany Toll free: 08006648515
(Other countries by request)

To place the call:
1. Call the toll free number.
2. Enter the conference number 939-3689#
3. Enter the security code 1111#

Agenda:
1. News on JDO-717 "copyjdorijars does not cleanup target directory"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-717
2. News on JDO-678 "Ability to set properties on PersistenceManager"
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-678
3. News on spec update?
4. Other issues

Action Items from weeks past:
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692
about JDOHelper methods. In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or
nontransactional action
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Regards Michael

--
*Michael Bouschen*
*Prokurist*

akquinet tech@spree GmbH
Bülowstr. 66, D-10783 Berlin

Fon:   +49 30 235 520-33
Fax:   +49 30 217 520-12
Email: michael.bouschen@akquinet.de
Web: www.akquinet.de <http://www.akquinet.de>

akquinet tech@spree GmbH, Berlin
USt.-Id. Nr.: DE 225 964 680

Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday March 29, 9 am Pacific Daylight Time

Posted by Craig L Russell <cr...@oracle.com>.
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. News on JDO-717 "copyjdorijars does not cleanup target directory" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-717

no news.

2. News on JDO-678 "Ability to set properties on PersistenceManager" https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-678

A draft test case has been checked in. It is not part of the standard
suite yet. After making another pass at the functionality of the
tests, it will be added to the pm.conf.

The test case is written to assume that there is no semantic
difference between e.g. pm.setIgnoreCache(true) and
pm.setProperty(propertyIgnoreCache, true).

The test case is written to assume that the Transaction properties can
also be set via the setProperty API. The properties would be
retainValues, restoreValues, nontransactionalRead,
nontransactionalWrite, and optimistic. These (except for restoreValues
which is required to be supported) would be subject to the property
being returned by PMF.supportedOptions.

The test case is written to assume that all properties can be read
using pm.getProperties.

In summary, I was interpreting the setProperty and getProperties as
supporting not only implementation-specific properties but also
properties that had a corresponding API.

3. News on spec update?

Still waiting for Oracle to give us a specification license.

4. Other issues

Spurious output from running tck: url2 is file:/Users/clr/apache/jdo/
trunk/tck/target/classes/
Should probably be output only if running with TCKVerbose=true

Would it make sense to have a co-Maintenance Lead for JDO?

Action Items from weeks past:
[Aug 24 2012] AI Craig update the JIRAs JDO-689 JDO-690 and JDO-692
about JDOHelper methods. In process.
[Aug 17 2012] AI Craig comment on JIRA JDO-589 Autocommit or
nontransactional action
[Sep 23 2011] AI Michael document when changing dependencies (to
DataNucleus) it's necessary to rebuild the exectck project before
running tck.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@oracle.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday March 29, 9 am Pacific Daylight Time

Posted by mc...@sonic.net.
I will miss tomorrow's meeting. Back next week.

-- Michelle