Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Dain Sundstrom <da...@apache.org> on 2006/11/18 10:14:45 UTC

1.2 Branch is cut

I cut the 1.2 branch from trunk and changed the trunk version to
2.0-SNAPSHOT.  I'm deploying 2.0-SNAPSHOT jars to the repo now, so
building trunk will be easier[1].  The files should be up in an hour
or so.

Thanks to everyone for the hard work getting the tree ready to cut.

-dain

[1] Without the jars available from the repo you have to build the
maven plugins in G by hand, but to do that you must build the modules
by and and to do that you need to build the testsupport tree by hand.

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Nope.  I'll look again.

-dain

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by ja...@gmail.com.

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
  Is there a reason for not changing this to 1.5 in the trunk?
             <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <source>1.4</source>
                    <target>1.4</target>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

Thanks
Anita

--- Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's move to building the trunk's  soure and target with 1.5 quickly
> please. The testsuite is broken because the 'mvn' execution needs a
> 1.5 but the server it starts within it needs a 1.4 jdk.
>
> The workaround is to first start the server using 1.4 and then run
> testsuite using 1.5.
>
> Cheers
> Prasad
>
> On 11/18/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> > Yes, lets do this for 2.0-SNAPSHOT
> >
> > --jason

> > > We are using it now for trunk I thought.  I'd like to make it all
> > > 1.5 in terms of generated classes, etc.  Thoughts.

Sponsored Link

$200,000 mortgage for $660/ mo -
30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt -
http://yahoo.ratemarketplace.com

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.
  I can build the trunk with target set to 1.5. I had to build openejb2
locally with some modifications (see attached pom.xml). The server
starts (using startup) and the console seems to work. There are few
exceptions:

15:02:06,655 ERROR [[/console-standard]] StandardWrapper.Throwable
javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactoryConfigurationError: Provider
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl not found
	at javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)
	at
uk.ltd.getahead.dwr.convert.DOMConverter.<init>(DOMConverter.java:157)
Method)
	at

Thanks
Anita

--- Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's move to building the trunk's  soure and target with 1.5 quickly
> please. The testsuite is broken because the 'mvn' execution needs a
> 1.5 but the server it starts within it needs a 1.4 jdk.
>
> The workaround is to first start the server using 1.4 and then run
> testsuite using 1.5.
>
> Cheers
> Prasad
>
> On 11/18/06, Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> wrote:
> > Yes, lets do this for 2.0-SNAPSHOT
> >
> > --jason

> > > We are using it now for trunk I thought.  I'd like to make it all
> > > 1.5 in terms of generated classes, etc.  Thoughts.

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$310k for $999/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
OK. To execute 'mvn' from geronimo/testsuite, it requires 1.5
(tools-require plugin). So you set your JAVA_HOME to point to jdk1.5.

Then during the testsuite run, it installs the server and tries to
start it (geronimo-maven-plugin:startServer). But the server binary is
still jdk 1.4. And here it tries to run on jdk 1.5. So it fails.

Running the server separately with JAVA_HOME pointing to jdk1.4 works
fine. So that is a workaround.

Cheers
Prasad

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.

Re: 1.2 Branch is cut

Posted by anita kulshreshtha <a_...@yahoo.com>.

--- Dain Sundstrom <da...@apache.org> wrote:

> I cut the 1.2 branch from trunk and changed the trunk version to
> 2.0-SNAPSHOT.  I'm deploying 2.0-SNAPSHOT jars to the repo now, so
> building trunk will be easier[1].  The files should be up in an hour
> or so.
>
> Thanks to everyone for the hard work getting the tree ready to cut.
>
> -dain
>

> [1] Without the jars available from the repo you have to build the
> maven plugins in G by hand, but to do that you must build the modules
> by and and to do that you need to build the testsupport tree by hand.

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr
MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Assoc
http://yahoo.degrees.info