Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dejan Milošević <de...@kombank.com> on 2006/12/25 15:00:15 UTC

jars locked forever

Once axis2 servlet is started in a servlet container it locks all the jars
that are in the WEB-INF/lib folder of the webapp that contains the axis2.
These locks are not released until the whole application server is stopped.
I have problem with this, since I use some common jars for many services,
and these jars need to be updated sometimes (so I put them in WEB-INF/lib),
but I don't want to restart the whole server (which is serving other apps as
well) just because of these jars!

Is this a bug? Any solutions?

Re: Re[2]: jars locked forever

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Please give some information on the app server, jdk, which jars/mars?
something???

-- dims

RE: Re[2]: jars locked forever

Posted by Dejan Milošević <de...@kombank.com>.
Logged... (AXIS2-1916)

Re: Re[2]: jars locked forever

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

RE: Re[2]: jars locked forever

Re[2]: jars locked forever

Posted by Ivan Latysh <Iv...@yahoo.ca>.
Hello Dejan,

RE: jars locked forever

Posted by Dejan Milošević <de...@kombank.com>.
Hello Martin,

Thanx for the quick reply, but the bug that I pointed remains. I know how to undeploy a regular webapp from Tomcat (or WebSphere), but when I try the same method on the axis2 webapp all the jars remain locked until I restart Tomcat (the same with WebSphere). Application seems to be undeployed, but I cannot delete files from the file system (windows) until web server is stopped. And I tried it with the clean sample war that ant builds from axis2-1.1 distribution (webapp\build.xml), without any of my jars!

Maybe you’re thinking of axis1? I used it some time ago and i think that there are no such problems in that version.

  _____

  I don’t know about other app servers, but for WebSphere there are obvious options ’update application’, ’uninstall’, ’install’, ’start’, ’stop’ which I use often for other web apps and would like to use for the app that’s holding my web services (axis2 app). So the answer is: jars should be reloaded when application is restarted (next level could be ’when application is reinstalled’, and even that doesn’t work (next_next level ’when app server is restarted’ works, but that’s almost as bad as ’when windows is restarted’ J )).

RE: jars locked forever

Posted by Dejan Milošević <de...@kombank.com>.
Hello Martin,

Re: jars locked forever

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Good Morning Dejan

If the jars were unlocked (and updateable) when would these (updated) jars for AxisServlet (or any servlet) be re-loaded or re-deployed?

Martin --
This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is intended for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, proprietary , confidential and exempt from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
Le présent message électronique (y compris les pieces qui y sont annexées, le cas échéant) s'adresse au destinataire indiqué et peut contenir des renseignements de caractere privé ou confidentiel. Si vous n'etes pas le destinataire de ce document, nous vous signalons qu'il est strictement interdit de le diffuser, de le distribuer ou de le reproduire.