Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by stephane frenot <st...@insa-lyon.fr> on 2010/04/20 10:23:32 UTC

Some problems

Hello the list,
I have a remark and a requirement.

- it seems that the web server is out, I have some 404 page not found
errors.
                http://felix.apache.org/site/news.html

- Would it be possible to declare some minimal profile in the main pom.xml ?
Because for the moment it is not compiling (testing are looping on my
distro), and even if I disable tests, it takes very a very long time.

  A minimal profile would be something containing something like this.

        <module>org.osgi.foundation</module>
        <module>org.osgi.core</module>
        <module>org.osgi.compendium</module>
        <module>framework</module>
        <module>main</module>
        <module>shell</module>
        <module>shell.tui</module>
        <module>org.osgi.service.obr</module>

/stephane
--
http://perso.citi.insa-lyon.fr/sfrenot
work here : http://tinyurl.com/2ts4xf

Re: Some problems

Posted by stephane frenot <st...@insa-lyon.fr>.
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:23 AM, stephane frenot
> <st...@insa-lyon.fr> wrote:
> > - it seems that the web server is out, I have some 404 page not found
> > errors.
> >                http://felix.apache.org/site/news.html
> The main site doesn't publish correctly. On the felix homepage, there
> are more resource reference return 404:
> http://felix.apache.org/site/media.data/site.css
> http://felix.apache.org/site/media.data/logo.png
> http://felix.apache.org/site/media.data/apache.png
>
> >  A minimal profile would be something containing something like this.
> >        <module>shell</module>
> >        <module>shell.tui</module>
> >        <module>org.osgi.service.obr</module>
> Those looks optional for minimal profile.
>
> Yep but they corresponds to the standard bundles that are built in the main
directory.

/stephane

Re: Some problems

Posted by Guo Du <mr...@gmail.com>.

Re: Some problems

Posted by stephane frenot <st...@insa-lyon.fr>.

> I rarely ever build the entire trunk...this is for two reasons:
>
>  1. The build setup just sucks.

OOO, yes.. It should be modified to be standard...

>  2. It is rarely necessary since most subprojects should only depend
>     on released versions so building for snapshots is typically not
>     necessary, so I just build what I need.

I agree, I do the same, but not my students... They are loosing hours
rebuilding things that are not compiling, and I cannot let them alone at the
bigginning.

> Of course, I am not against improvements, however...

Do you think I can commit modification directly ? if I open a jira issue ?

/stephane

Re: Some problems

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.

On 4/22/10 13:09, stephane frenot wrote:
>> I rarely ever build the entire trunk...this is for two reasons:
>>
>>   1. The build setup just sucks.
>>

> OOO, yes.. It should be modified to be standard maven and get rid of ant
> stuffs at least.
>

>>   2. It is rarely necessary since most subprojects should only depend
>>      on released versions so building for snapshots is typically not
>>      necessary, so I just build what I need.
>>

> I agree, I do the same, but not my students... They are loosing hours
> rebuilding things that are not compiling, and I cannot let them alone at the
> bigginning.
>

>> Of course, I am not against improvements, however...
>>

> Ok, I will open some jira issues.

Yeah, supply a patch of what you want to do and see what others have to
say. I don't really care either way.

-> richard

Re: Some problems

Posted by stephane frenot <st...@insa-lyon.fr>.