Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/29 01:50:55 UTC

[sandbox] September archive of components

Here's the list to archive in September, on September 3rd (next Saturday):

cache
clazz
codec-multipart
convert
events
filters
functor
graph2
http
jex
jjar
jpath
jux
mapper
messenger
periodicity
reflect
rupert
scaffold
services
simplestore
tbm
test
threading
threadpool
workflow
xmlio
xmlunit
xo

Any -1's to the above? Special cases etc?

There are some at 5 months inactivity. I'll hit them in a month or so.

Hen

Re: [sandbox] September archive of components

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
commons-xo was used in Turbine 3 and 2.  For Turbine 2, we have
implemented something else, and Turbine 3 is dormant, so I think from
Turbine land I can give a +1.

Eric

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On 9/2/05, Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is now done. Also updated the externals and removed sandbox-build
> as the commons-build from proper is used.
>
> Sandbox is looking pretty clean now :)

So is my disk - I just got back ~63MB when I did an update. :-)

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: [sandbox] September archive of components

Posted by James Mitchell <ja...@mac.com>.
I'd like to propose we create our own 'archive' and move any
unmaintained code over.

I would think the most logical place would be:

/struts/archive/trunk

(this, of course will *not* be included via svn:externals into /
struts/current)

I can't think of why we would want make 'branches' or 'tags', but
there's always that option.

So, what would we move there?  For starters...

/struts/sandbox/artimus
/struts/sandbox/mailreader-chain
/struts/sandbox/scaffold
/struts/sandbox/struts-jericho  ???
/struts/sandbox/workflow        ???

??? - meaning, I'm not sure what's going on with them, but I haven't
seen activity in years

Your thoughts?

--
James Mitchell