Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Josep Riudavets <jr...@uoc.edu> on 2003/09/30 16:44:01 UTC

ESQL conflict

Hello ...

I'm trying to add into an XSP page esql taglibs. But when I add the namespace <xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"> shows next error message:

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling procesa_xsp:
ERROR 1 (org/apache/cocoon/www/XSP/procesa_xsp.java):
    private SQLException _esql_exception = null;
    private StringWriter _esql_exception_writer = null;

// start error (lines 159-159) "The type Object is ambiguous for the argument obj of the method _esql_printObject"
            protected void _esql_printObject ( Object obj, AttributesImpl xspAttr) throws SAXException

// end error
            {
               if ( obj instanceof List) {
           ListIterator j=((List)obj).listIterator();

Cocoon.xconf:

<builtin-logicsheet>
  <parameter name="prefix" value="esql"/>
  <parameter name="uri" value="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"/>
  <parameter name="href"
  value="resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/language/markup/xsp/java/esql.xsl"/>
</builtin-logicsheet>

<datasources>
<jdbc name="conexionBBDD">
<driver>org.postgresql.Driver</driver>
<pool-controller> max="10" min="5"</pool-controller>
<dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhosto:5432/CAD</dburl>
<user>josep</user>
<password>mypassword</password>
</jdbc>
</datasources>

Web.xml

<init-param>
<param-name>load-class</param-name>
<param-value>org.postgresql.jar</param-value>
</init-param>

File postgresql.jar are placed under /WEB-INF/lib

Best regards

Re: ESQL conflict

Posted by Geoff Howard <co...@leverageweb.com>.
Josep Riudavets wrote:
> Hello ...
>
> I'm trying to add into an XSP page esql taglibs. But when I add the
> namespace <xmlns:esql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2"> shows next
> error message:

The problem isn't adding the esql namespace - it's with something in
your use of esql/xsp.  It's too hard to diagnose with just the error.
If procesa.xsp is not long, send it in.  Better yet, go investigate the
resulting .java file found under (but not directly under) your servlet
container's work dir at
org/apache/cocoon/www/XSP/procesa_xsp.java.  You may notice the problem
yourself.  It looks like you have a cast that needs to happen before you
set up an attribute.  And you must remember that even though the
attribute tag comes after its enclosing element, it is evaluated before
it during execution.

HTH,
Geoff