Posted to user@thrift.apache.org by Swaroop C H <sw...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/01 02:57:12 UTC

Re: Regarding Thrift and Ajax

Hello all,

Thank you for the different perspectives on this issue.

@Dave Engberg Thanks for the JAbsorb link, that is something to
consider. I am indeed influenced by the Evernote API on how it works,
and it seems like an elegant system.

@Ted I completely agree with you, it has been on my mind. *I've been
toying with the idea of using OAuth parameters as a first parameter
struct to every Thrift call* (Evernote API does this too, but it takes
only the access token key). Would this handle some of the
authentication issues? Transaction rate limiting, etc. would be
separate issues to implement though. Brian has provided some good
inputs on that.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Swaroop