Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by trampus <tr...@univ.trieste.it> on 2005/03/15 17:36:09 UTC

datasource/pool/mysql problem

Hi!

I've the following problem: I've made a cocoon based application and I've
defined a datasource in cocoon.xconf, using MySQL and the
?autoReconnect=true option specified.
After some hours the application stop working. I guess the problem is that
mysql drops theidle connection after 12 hours.
Anyway, one other application (spring based) using a datasource defined in
the similar way does not have the problem, they use the same driver.
The only way to go on working is to reload the context every 12 hours.

I'm using:

cocoon 2.1.5
tomcat 5.5.7
jdk 1.5

Can anyone help me? It's possible to use the tomcat datasource instead of
use the one from the cocoon configuration file?

Thank's a lot

romano trampus