Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Subra A Narayanan <as...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/12 00:59:00 UTC

Urgent: Specifying scope in Axis2c

Hello everyone,

I have run in to an issue which I can't seem to figure out. In my init
method in the service skeleton I call the initialization routine of one of
the libraries that my web service uses. I notice in my logs that the library
initialization function is being called 8 times. This corresponds to the
number of apache processes that are running.

This is causing a lot of issues because I was under the impression that my
web service init function is called only once when the first request comes
in. My library sets up some resources which I want to share among all
processes. Can this be done?

In Axis2/Java there is a way to specify scope for the webservice (request,
session, application) in the services.xml file? can something similar be
done in Axis2/c? I took a look at the axis2c code and saw that there is an
enum called axis2_scope defined. Is it used for the same purpose as in
Axis2/Java?

Thanks for any help.

Subra

Re: Urgent: Specifying scope in Axis2c

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Subra,

On Nov 6, 2007 10:57 PM, Subra A Narayanan <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Samisa,
>
> Do you have any updates on this issue? Do you have an approximate time frame
> when this issue would be fixed in the framework? Is this feature under
> development?

I have looked into this and proposed a solution to this on dev list.
However, as of now, I find it difficult to find time to attend to
this. I have to check if any other developer is attending this.
I cannot gaurentee if the proposed solution would work, as we have to
implemnt and see it in action to verify that it works. Given the risk,
I would propose that you look in to a database driven solution for the
time being until this is solved as I recommended earlier. As I
mentioned, Savan module had done something similar, so that you can
get an idea form that to solve this temporarily.

Thanks,
Samisa...

Posted by Subra A Narayanan <as...@gmail.com>.
Hello Samisa,