Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mark Lehmacher <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/23 13:17:47 UTC

NPE in DataSqueezer after session time out

I have a problem with session timeouts and my custom data squeezer
implementation.

When a user of my web application uses an external link after his
session already expired, he ends up with a NPE emanating from my data
squeezer (the squeezer makes use of an injected service, from which
the exception ultimately originates).

Shouldn't Tapestry directly detect the dead session prior to even
executing the data squeezer and subsequently show the session expired
page?

Any suggestions what I could do to make the problem go away in a
generic manner? I suppose I could add a workaround in the data
squeezer impl itsself, but that's not completely straightforward
either because the NPE occurs somewhere deep down in the bowels of the
injected service the squeezer uses.

Any help is greatly appreciated.