Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kun Niu <ha...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/25 20:36:51 UTC

Problem about the hello world struts2 example.

Dear all,
I wonder if anyone has ever met the problem like me.
Now I've come to  the first step.
I create the view jsp file and the action bean following the guide.
And I configured struts.xml file.
I can see the page come out on my browser.
But I can only see the title.
I can't file the message "Struts is up and running ...".
I wonder if anyone can help solve the problem.
Just show the message by using s:property.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Regards

Re: Problem about the hello world struts2 example.

Posted by Kun Niu <ha...@gmail.com>.
I think that I've solved the problem.
I put the configuration file under the wrong directory.
I put it under the WEB-INF directory.
Now I've moved it to WEB-INF/classes direcotry.
And it works for me.

Thanks again for your kind reply.
Regards.

失业
         牛坤
MSN:haoniukun@hotmail.com

Re: Problem about the hello world struts2 example.

Posted by Kun Niu <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your fast reply.

Posted by Nuwan Chandrasoma <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Kun Niu <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply.
I saw the following error message when my tomcat startup:
WARN com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.InterceptorBuilder
Unable to load config class
org.apache.struts2.jsf.FacesSetupInterceptor at interceptor -
jar:file:/home/niu/workspace3.3/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/brewmusicblog/WEB-INF/lib/struts2-jsf-plugin-2.0.9.jar!/struts-plugin.xml:14:97
probably due to a missing jar, which might be fine if you never plan
to use the jsfSetup interceptor
ERROR com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.InterceptorBuilder
Actual exception

Caught Exception while registering Interceptor class
org.apache.struts2.jsf.FacesSetupInterceptor - interceptor -
jar:file:/home/niu/workspace3.3/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/brewmusicblog/WEB-INF/lib/struts2-jsf-plugin-2.0.9.jar!/struts-plugin.xml:14:97

	at org.apache.struts2.jsf.FacesSetupInterceptor.init(FacesSetupInterceptor.java:146)

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: src-import.0: Failed to read imported
schema document 'null'.
	at org.apache.xerces.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:232)

And I've got the following line in my web.xml:
  	<taglib>
  		<taglib-uri>/struts-tags</taglib-uri>
  		<taglib-location>/WEB-INF/tld/struts-tags.tld</taglib-location>
  	</taglib>
I wonder if it's the spring object factory caused the problem.
I copied all the configuration files from the portlet sample bundled
with struts2 and made some change.
Thanks again for your kind reply.

Regards.

2007/8/26, Nuwan Chandrasoma <my...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> This can be due to many reasons, do you see any error messages in the
> console of the app server?, just a guess, have you included the
> struts-tag declaration in you jsp?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nuwan
>

> Kun Niu wrote:
> > Dear all,
> > I wonder if anyone has ever met the problem like me.
> > Now I've come to  the first step.
> > I create the view jsp file and the action bean following the guide.
> > And I configured struts.xml file.
> > I can see the page come out on my browser.
> > But I can only see the title.
> > I can't file the message "Struts is up and running ...".
> > I wonder if anyone can help solve the problem.
> > Just show the message by using s:property.
> > Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
> >
> > Regards

失业
         牛坤
MSN:haoniukun@hotmail.com

Re: Problem about the hello world struts2 example.

Posted by Nuwan Chandrasoma <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,