Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by STEVE R BURRUS <st...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/29 22:04:58 UTC

DOS Error Msg.

 Hello all, I need some degree of immediate help/assistance w. installing the
Tomcat server! After I THINK that I have gotten all of the various components in
place needed for the installation, and set the environment variables correctly,
when I try to activate Tomcat, I seem to always get a DOS error message saying
that the JAVA_HOME variable wasn't set properly!! Here is a "dump" from the entire
message for your inspection. Please help!

 C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.4\bin>startup
The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program
The system cannot find the batch label specified - end
Using CATALINA_BASE:   ..
Using CATALINA_HOME:   ..
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: ..\temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\j2sdk1.4.1_01;

 Incidentally, I am using the Win XP Home platform.

RE: DOS Error Msg.

Posted by "Sexton, George" <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
Using the instructions previously given, edit the setting for the JAVA_HOME
variable and remove the trailing semi-colon.