Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/13 16:43:17 UTC

Release planning

Hi All,

Now that Karaf 2.1.0 is available we have had some issues reported against
it, and as such we have begun to remediate those issues. This leads to the
important question of how do we want to wrap up these fixes? Should we pick
up the 2.1.x branch and prepare a 2.1.1 release or save all these fixes and
roll them into the 2.2.0 release?

Personally I think that if we do a 2.1.x maintenance release then we can
allow trunk (2.2.0) to continue along a little longer with more new feature
development.

As to the 2.2.0 release, we need to begin planning a target date for when
we'd like to cut a release candidate. I'd prefer to have this occur no later
than early December in order to avoid end of year holiday scheduling
conflicts.

Cheers,
Jamie

Re: Release planning

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
I've added a 2.1.1 release to the Karaf project versions in Jira.

Re: Release planning

Posted by Lars Heinemann <lh...@apache.org>.

RE: Release planning

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
I am not commiter yet, but if you would you can count my vote too. ;-)

Regards,
Lukasz

--
Freeman Fang

------------------------
blog: http://freemanfang.blogspot.com
twitter: http://twitter.com/freemanfang
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com
Apache Cxf: http://cxf.apache.org
Apache Karaf: http://karaf.apache.org
Apache Felix: http://felix.apache.org

Re: Release planning

Posted by Freeman Fang <fr...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 2.1.1

Best Regards
Freeman

--
Freeman Fang

------------------------

Re: Release planning

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
  On 13/10/10 16:43, Jamie G. wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Now that Karaf 2.1.0 is available we have had some issues reported against
> it, and as such we have begun to remediate those issues. This leads to the
> important question of how do we want to wrap up these fixes? Should we pick
> up the 2.1.x branch and prepare a 2.1.1 release or save all these fixes and
> roll them into the 2.2.0 release?
>
> Personally I think that if we do a 2.1.x maintenance release then we can
> allow trunk (2.2.0) to continue along a little longer with more new feature
> development.
>
> As to the 2.2.0 release, we need to begin planning a target date for when
> we'd like to cut a release candidate. I'd prefer to have this occur no later
> than early December in order to avoid end of year holiday scheduling
> conflicts.
>
> Cheers,
> Jamie

+1 for 2.1.1

Re: Release planning

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
+1 for 2.1.1

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
http://iocanel.blogspot.com

Integration Engineer @ Upstream S.A. <http://www.upstreamsystems.com>

Re: Release planning

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jamie,

as we talk about bug fixes (not a lot of enhancement), I prefer to
release 2.1.1.

 From my point of view, 2.2.0 should include bug fixes plus enhancement

Re: Release planning

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
I've created the following Jira entries to track the currently planned
releases:

Apache Karaf 2.1.1:

Apache Karaf 2.2.0:

I'm more than happy to pick up RM duties on these releases. As to a timeline
for these releases I'm very open to suggestion. I'll concentrate first on
identifying issues for 2.1.1 inclusion while the 2.2.0 trunk continues.

Re: Release planning

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a good plan.

--