Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net> on 2016/01/05 08:34:01 UTC

Regarding Groovy Bundling - Groovy now a TLP

Hello everybody,

there were some conversations on the mailing list regarding bundling
Apache Groovy into JMeter. As far as I remember a decision was postponed
until Groovy leaves the Incubator. In the Apache Board meeting on 18
November it was decided to establish Groovy as a top level project (see:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-groovy-dev/201511.mbox/%3CCAEWfVJ%3DBz-tiTTYHiPc8vY26CopLm3pPy_LADvvFh4vjVs%3Dosw%40mail.gmail.com%3E).
(For some reason the board meeting minutes are still not published at
http://www.apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html)

Cheers,
Pascal

Re: Regarding Groovy Bundling - Groovy now a TLP

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
There is as yet only an incubating release.

I think we need to wait for an official ASF release.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Regarding Groovy Bundling - Groovy now a TLP

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
+1 for me:
- It will make efficient and up to date scripting native
- it is easier for beginers (nothing to do)
- Jmeter upgrade is made easier for users

@Pascal, as we now target java7 , what bundle should we use if this is
agreed on by other team members ?

Thanks

--