Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by tako <co...@temple.edu> on 2017/07/31 16:03:54 UTC

NoAuth failing to load?

Hi, I'm trying to test out Apache Guacamole to see if it'd be suitable for my
environment. I have it set up and running in a RHEL6 VM. I was able to
compile everything, set up Tomcat, etc. When I tried to switch over to
NoAuth (for testing purposes, I just need to confirm that the software works
as intended).

When loading the page (localhost:8080/guacamole), I receive the error listed
below.

Note that tomcat:tomcat owns *EVERYTHING* related to Guacamole.
GUACAMOLE_HOME is /home/tomcat/apache/.guacamole

the noauth jar is in both GUACAMOLE_HOME/extensions and WEB_INF/lib (or
whatever the path is)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: NoAuth failing to load?

Posted by tako <co...@temple.edu>.
Gotcha. I'll note that for the future. I ended up getting this to work. Turns
out I forgot the / at the end of the param tags, too used to HTML, where you
don't need to close self-closing tags.

Anyways, I'm encountering another issue (which might just be because of a
non-standard implementation of VNC on the clients) - all I'm seeing is a
blank screen when connecting to a client, but it DOES connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: NoAuth failing to load?

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.
On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 9:03 AM, tako <co...@temple.edu> wrote:

> Hi, I'm trying to test out Apache Guacamole to see if it'd be suitable for
> my
> environment. I have it set up and running in a RHEL6 VM. I was able to
> compile everything, set up Tomcat, etc. When I tried to switch over to
> NoAuth (for testing purposes, I just need to confirm that the software
> works
> as intended).

If you're just trying to confirm that things work, the best method for
doing so would be the built-in authentication mechanism
("user-mapping.xml"). That method requires no extensions whatsoever:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#basic-auth

NoAuth is being deprecated and should not be used for new deployments.

When loading the page (localhost:8080/guacamole), I receive the error listed
> below.
>
> Note that tomcat:tomcat owns *EVERYTHING* related to Guacamole.
> GUACAMOLE_HOME is /home/tomcat/apache/.guacamole
>
> the noauth jar is in both GUACAMOLE_HOME/extensions and WEB_INF/lib (or
> whatever the path is)

Do not place extensions anywhere but GUACAMOLE_HOME/extensions/. That is
the only correct location for extensions. Placing them elsewhere will
either have no effect or, as in the case of WEB-INF/lib, will cause the
extensions to be loaded by multiple overlapping classloaders.

See:

http://guacamole.incubator.apache.org/doc/gug/configuring-guacamole.html#guacamole-home

- Mike