Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Tran, Khiet" <kh...@melochemonnex.com> on 2005/05/05 19:21:25 UTC

Two artifacts for one project

Hi everyone,

We have a legacy directory structure of components that I want to convert to
maven. The context I have is that for some components (maven project), a
custom ant-task generates two different jars for it.
    root/
        |----component
             project.xml
             |----target/
                   |-----componentEjb-version.jar
                   |-----component-version.jar

So for installing these into the repository, I am using the artifact:install
goal with 2 different types: jar & ejb, which installs 2 separate jars into
the local repository. But I cannot retrieve one of the two jar as both uses
the same pom.

My question is, is it possible for me to specify a different pom then the
current one ${pom} when using the goal artifact:install?
And if I am using the same pom for both artifacts of different types, how do
I refer to both as dependencies. I've tried it but it does not work.

Thanks, Khiet.

Re: IntelliJ

Posted by Arik Kfir <ar...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thom,

First, I'd recommend you post this in the users@mevenide.codehaus.org
mailing list - you'll probably get more details there.

Second - there is a Maven integration plugin for IDEA in the works - go
to http://mevenide.codehaus.org/mevenide-idea/  for details. The plugin,
however, only works on the EAP version of IDEA (5.0) and is still in its
pre-alpha state. There is a small (quite primitive) port of it for 4.5.4
- contact me directly to get it (it's still not on the site).

There is also another plugin, developed by someone else for IDEA that
does pretty much what our backport does - and is available in the IDEA
plugin manager.

Cheers,

    Arik Kfir.

IntelliJ

Posted by Thom Chode <ma...@gmail.com>.
Has anyone got a working version of Mevenide for Intellij 4.5.4?

Re: Two artifacts for one project

Posted by dan tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Khiet, did you use custom ant tasks to build your jar and jeb?

-D

Posted by Steve Molloy <sm...@convera.com>.

Posted by Thomas Van de Velde <th...@gmail.com>.