Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Herb <hc...@arrowheadgrp.com> on 2005/05/04 22:44:40 UTC

log4j logs are not rolling

Hello,
We are using log4j 1.2.8, and have this config in our .xml file.

    <appender name="file" class="org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender">
        <param name="File" value="/logs/${computername}_log4j_logger.log"/>
        <param name="MaxFileSize" value="5000KB"/>
        <param name="MaxBackupIndex" value="10"/>
        <param name="threshold" value="debug"/>
            <param name="ConversionPattern" value="%d [%t][%p] - %m%n"/>
        </layout>
    </appender>

When I deploy a new app and restart the clustered weblogic appservers, the logs
rollover as expected. Then, later if I hot deploy a new app and do not restart
the appservers, the logs stop rolling. At MaxFileSize the main log file gets
overwritten, .log.1 is moved to .log.2, but a new .log.1 is not created. BEA
say that is not their issue. I would apppreciate any help someone could offer.
Thanks.