Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Beshai <pb...@hotmail.com> on 2006/10/17 17:42:01 UTC

Determining uploaded file status while uploading

Can someone point me in the right direction of finding out the status of the
file I am uploading on my page?

I would like to use the dojo ProgressBar widget to let the user know how
much of the upload is complete, but I am not sure where I can get the value
that the ProgressBar would use.

(Note I upload files in a similar fashion to what is shown on the upload
component's documentation page under examples.
http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/form/upload.html)

Peter Beshai

Re: Determining uploaded file status while uploading

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.
You've got plenty of async IO operations at your disposal, so I guess if you
wanted "precise" progress you could always just ask the server.

On 10/17/06, Peter Beshai <pb...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Can someone point me in the right direction of finding out the status of
> the
> file I am uploading on my page?
>
> I would like to use the dojo ProgressBar widget to let the user know how
> much of the upload is complete, but I am not sure where I can get the
> value
> that the ProgressBar would use.
>
> (Note I upload files in a similar fashion to what is shown on the upload
> component's documentation page under examples.
> http://tapestry.apache.org/tapestry4.1/components/form/upload.html)
>

> Peter Beshai

Jesse Kuhnert
Tapestry/Dojo/(and a dash of TestNG), team member/developer