Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by 刘明敏 <di...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/21 12:14:41 UTC

which version of kafka do you recommend to use?

Should I use 0.7.1<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA/fixforversion/12319140>instead
of the the 0.7 branch on github?

cause just now I encounted java.lang.NumberFormatException when setting
log.retention.size=25769803776 (14G) on branch 0.7

after searching around in jira, I found it is a resolved
issue<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-285>(but
not available in branch 0.7).

So,should I use 0.7.1 ?

--
Best Regards

刘明敏 | mmLiu

Re: which version of kafka do you recommend to use?

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
That fix is in Apache trunk. You can try building a Kafka jar off trunk.

Thanks,

Jun