Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Greenhorn Techie <gr...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/16 15:24:10 UTC

Metrics for a healthy Solr cluster

Hi,

Solr provides numerous JMX metrics for monitoring the health of the
cluster. We are setting up a SolrCloud cluster and hence wondering what are
the important parameters / metrics to look into, to ascertain that the
cluster health is good. Obvious things comes to my mind are CPU utilisation
and memory utilisation.

However, wondering what are the other parameters to look into from the
health of the cluster? Are there any best practices?

Thanks

Re: Metrics for a healthy Solr cluster

Posted by Emir Arnautović <em...@sematext.com>.
Hi,
If you are up to ready-to-go Solr monitoring, you can check out Sematext’s Solr integration: https://sematext.com/integrations/solr-monitoring/ <https://sematext.com/integrations/solr-monitoring/>

Thanks,
Emir

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
I wrote something related to this topic a while ago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.anant.us/resources-for-monitoring-datastax-cassandra-spark-solr-performance/amp/

Rahul

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.

--