Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/25 00:56:41 UTC

Getting Involved link

Hey MINA folks,

I just happened to notice that the "Getting Involved" link on
mina.apache.org goes to a confluence wiki page that requires a login
(see http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/login.action?os_destination=%2Fpages%2Fcreatepage.action%3FspaceKey%3DMINA%26title%3DGetting%2520Involved%26linkCreation%3Dtrue%26fromPageId%3D27044).

I'm guessing most of you probably don't notice this since your login
may be cached, but I thought I'd let you know that it might not be be
the friendliest greeting for someone wanting to get involved who
doesn't know why they are asked for a login at that point.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know.

Cliff

Re: Getting Involved link

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hello Cliff,

On 11/25/06, Cliff Schmidt <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey MINA folks,
>
> I just happened to notice that the "Getting Involved" link on
> mina.apache.org goes to a confluence wiki page that requires a login
> (see
> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/login.action?os_destination=%2Fpages%2Fcreatepage.action%3FspaceKey%3DMINA%26title%3DGetting%2520Involved%26linkCreation%3Dtrue%26fromPageId%3D27044
> ).

Oops.  We had to create the page long ago.  Thank you for pointing this out.

I'm guessing most of you probably don't notice this since your login
> may be cached, but I thought I'd let you know that it might not be be
> the friendliest greeting for someone wanting to get involved who
> doesn't know why they are asked for a login at that point.

Very true.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know.

We will fix it right away.  Thank you again!

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6