Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by arun <ar...@techna.co.in> on 2001/06/08 16:48:21 UTC

java.lang.outOfMemory Exception

hi,

I'm are facing a typical problem. An error pops up in the page sometimes which says " java.lang.outOfMemory " .

What can cause it and also could it be possible that  an exception in the error page itself might create this problem.
If the error page has an error and its page directive specifies '  isErrorPage = true ', then where will the error go ?
Can it fall into an infinite loop which might be a possible cause of java.lang.outOfMemory ?

Arun Bhutra

RE: java.lang.outOfMemory Exception

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com>.
Most of the time it's caused by an infinite loop. (put a hashtable in the
session attribute, where on of the values is a pointer to iteself)..
Very confusing somethimes.. ;-)) Especially if it's not your code ;-))

Mvgr,
Martin